There are probably thousands of people in the world that have gone through a war but for me as I write it down from my book that I wrote so long ago it brings back horrifying memories but it's all true, you had to be there to really comprehend it, that's why they call it PTSP, no matter how many tablets you take and how many psycaratrists you go to it will never help, it will always be inside your head and you will always be a different person than you were. No one will ever understand but you have to get on with your life and with any luck for the better. I will continue to write it down because perhaps it might help others and that's the best remedy.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment