Born in Tredegar SouthWales grew up in Pontlottyn, went to junior school in Tredegar and high school Bishop Hedley Merthay(if I spelt it write) moved to Gilfach Bargoed because of my dad's job, he had 4 jobs to support our growing family went to school in Lewis Grammer in Pengam until I left although I should have staid on and gone to college as my parents wanted, rebelled and ran away parents brought me back joined the army junior leaders in Folkstan finished various jobs married first time didn't work out naughty boy trouble jail time all over Europe, foreign legion parents helped me to get home T A' second marriage read newspaper went to war in Croatia sort of died wounded twice retired ptsp married 3rd time three children happy 65 and bored if I had been younger I would have gone to Ukraine but stayed home now sitting on my backside, playing games on my phone trying to make money playing games no dice now trying blogging what the future brings who knows, that's my short story tomorrow different topic follow and share thanks have a great day look forward to hearing from anyone.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment