As I sat down here drinking my first cup of coffee I started thinking about what I should write about that would keep my followers if any would be interested in what I write well I came up with the idea that I should write about what I want so let's go I had no idea that I could actually write until I remembered I won an essay prize when I was in school so that's why I wrote about my experiences in the war in Croatia got it photocopied and made into an actual book which I never had the nerve or courage to try and get published mainly because I thought that people wouldn't be interested in a war that took place in 1991 until 1995, I wrote it while there was a break in the shelling but perhaps I was wrong so why not put it on my blog as it doesn't matter if people think it's rubbish or not it's my blog and I can write about anything so that's what I might do as that's what a blog is all about writing what you think as long as it's truthful and not lies so that's what I'm going to do from tomorrow put it on my blog and therefore I will always have it on my phone long after the paper it was written on rots away it's not a book like "War and Peace" not as long I wonder what my followers if I have any will think? So you're all going to have to wait until tomorrow for the first installment sorry but I have to find it first in amongst my souvenirs like milatery Id cards and pictures of that war but as a sample I'll just give you the title and perhaps you'll continue following me to see if I made the right decision by not getting it published or not the title is "Soldier of Fortune or Soldier of Love" have a great day and enjoy the sun.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment