What is true happiness for you and why do we feel happy? Is it just another word or is it a real emotion, there are loads of things, events or moments that you could say I was happy so perhaps I can give you some hints to start you thinking. If you're a sport's fan then it could be when you're favorite team wins something or plays well and gets promotion or your national team in whatever sport wins European, Olympic or World titles or medals. Is it when you get up in the morning and have that first cup of tea or coffee and feel better straight away or if you just go back to bed for a little bit more time in bed. Is it when you take your dog(if you have one) for a walk and stop every so often to talk to a friend or neighbour and then go to the local park and watch how happy the dog is to be off the leash. Is it when you go to your favorite restaurant with a loved one and enjoy a good wine and meal, does that give you a sense of happiness. Is it when Winter finishes and the sun begins to shine every day and it gets warmer and you can at long last put your winter clothes away and start wearing your summer ones. If you're a woman is it when you go shopping and buy something that you have really wanted but never had the money for or if you're a man perhaps it's when you buy the car that you have always wanted, if you're a youngster in school and you pass all your exams, is that happiness? If you're married then it could be when you're wife tells you that she's pregnant and you're going to be a father that's a good example of happiness. Those are just a few examples of what could be called happiness, I'm sure that there are a lot more things or events that make you happy, it's different for every individual and so it should be because no two people are alike in what they feel. Is it just seeing a smile on people's faces showing you that they are happy or seeing a homeless person sitting in the street with nothing and you give him some money or food and that person's face light's up as they say thank you that's happiness. For me it's being alive, getting married and being in the same room when our children were born and holding the new born for the first time, watch them grow up and find happiness with a partner and then thinking that one day my wife and I may one day be grand parents, having an argument over something trivial, but most of all it's just enjoying whatever happens and trying not to let things upset you, happiness is not just a word it's an emotion and the majority of us experience it every day and probably never forget it, I am now happy in sharing a few words and thoughts with you but for me personally happiness is only one word 'family' now that's happiness. Have you started thinking now what really makes you happy, I'm sure that you are and perhaps you have found the answer whatever it is for you and because of that I'm happy,isn't it better to be happy than sad, yes, well that's all for today I hope that you all have a happy day and enjoy it while it lasts.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment