You all probably think this is a terrible topic to write about but my question is, is it? We are born, we live and then we die, that's the way of nature, it's the same for everyone or is it, personally I am not afraid of that moment when the Almighty says it's time for me to join him, I've done a lot of things in my life, been and seen a lot of different places, met and become friends with all different kinds of people, race, colour and religion so no I'm not afraid of that day when it comes, I am perhaps worried about those that I will leave behind and how will they manage without me. During my life I've lost members of my family and friends who I will one day meet again so that's my reason for not being afraid to die,of course there are some people who are afraid of death but that's their choice as is the way they live their lives, no matter whether you are or not worried about that day it will will happen and we all have to acccept that as fact, something that nobody can change not even all the great scientists on this planet have discovered a way to give us eternal life, as with every other creature or plant on Earth there is a life span, maybe a few minutes or perhaps over a hundred year's but it all comes down to the same thing death. The only thing that I'm really afraid of is that one day one of the idiots on this planet will start a war not conventional but nuclear and that will be a terrible thing to happen, to die without even seeing it coming, your here one instant and gone the next, I'm sure that the Almighty will be pretty busy if that day comes deciding who goes to heaven and who goes to hell, I believe in that although I'm not that religious it is something that I have grown up believing that we will go up, down or just stay in the middle waiting to be judged. I hope that I've not upset too many people by this blog although not a lot of people read my blog demptymind.blogspot.com just incase you've forgotten to read it and share with the people you know, it would be great to have people read my thoughts and think about them especially those who understand English,but back to my topic, death the unexpected, the inexplicable and the fear, that's what the word really means to me, to others perhaps different and that's why I'm writing what I am as a person of free speech I have the right to do so, read and think about it that's all I ask for you to do, so am I morbid or not, that's the question?
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment