Well it's Easter Saturday and as usual family time, traditionally I get up earlier than usual to cook and prepare potato salad but today I got up to a pile of dishes waiting to be washed and wiped, so I'm late with everything today. This is going to be short and sweet today as I have a lot to do before tomorrow, everything has to be ready to take our breakfast for tomorrow to church this afternoon to be blessed so it's all hands on deck, no looking at the news as always it's all bad, no playing games on the mobile just getting ready for tomorrow, I won't be on line tomorrow so to all my readers and followers I wish you a happy Easter and look forward to writing again on Monday, enjoy yourselves, eat, drink and be happy and don't forget to say a prayer for all the homeless and people in war torn countries, they need all the help they can get, thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment