What is Easter, for me and a lot of catholics around the world it's the second most important day of the year, Jesus died and then resarected from the grave. Everyone looks forward to Easter as a religious time and as a family time, all the family around the table eating breakfast which is normally cold and huge and of course food that was blessed the day before in church, it's a joyous time especially for the children because it's chocolate Easter eggs time which for them is probably the only time of the year that parents don't say that chocolate and sweets will rot your teeth, all the children are saying yippee we can eat and enjoy chocolate without being shouted at by our parents. The only thing that bothers me as a husband and male is that for the female's it's Spring cleaning time when the home is cleaned from top to bottom and the best thing if you're male is to get out of the way because if you're in the way you will inevitably get shouted at so I for one magically dissappear where I can't be dragged into doing this or that. It's also the time for last minute shopping for ingredients for cakes and the Easter breakfast that will be ok in the fridge until Easter Sunday or until when they're needed. On the Friday before Easter it's a day of fasting or a fish day when here where I live we make a fish stew but this year it will be a day earlier because for the first time our son won't be with us during the festive season because he has to work which is unfortunate but that's his job. When I think about Easter I wonder if all the countries that are at war have time to celebrate Easter like for instance Ukraine, with the threat of bombs do the children go chocolate egg hunting outside, I doubt it but I do suppose they celebrate in some way. During the time that Jesus was alive I know from history and the Bible that people were crusified just as the Bible says Jesus died and then taken down from the cross and put in a cave with a large boulderer rolled in front of the tomb to stop anyone entering but then on Easter Sunday the boulderer was miracosly moved and the body of Jesus was gone, was this his last miracle, I for one belive it was but as usual there are a lot of disbelievers around the world and they have a right to their opinion just as I have to mine as a catholic. I believe. Well in the end I wish you all a happy and enjoyable Easter.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment