Hello on this Easter Monday I'm back weather that's a good thing or bad for me a good thing because I'm back to writing which I enjoy early in the morning. Firstly I hope that everyone had a great time yesterday and today's another holiday and then, back to that dreaded word"work" tomorrow. Well today's topic is a bit unusual but I'm still going to write about it, leftovers. Yesterday we all ate fresh food and cakes but what about all that was left over well that's leftovers, so what now, do you throw it away, no, you just eat it as if it was Easter Sunday again, it's still sort of fresh but just a bit colder after being in the fridge overnight. Today is another day when the house is full doing basically the same thing as yesterday but the only difference is that you only have leftovers for breakfast, then a couple of hours for it to digest and then you sit down to dinner which is freshly cooked, so you've eaten all the leftovers from yesterday and now tomorrow you'll eat the leftovers from today, it's the same every year so you get used to the word leftovers, it's all edable so why not eat it, it's not going to make you ill so why not? There are people in the world that use the leftovers to make a different meal for today's dinner so you see we all don't just waste food we use it in one way or another which is a good thing as it saves you money and apart from that all the shops are closed so you can't spend any more money as if you haven't spent enough already. Your pets are also happy because they don't have to eat the same thing as they do every day of the year, now they have a few days when they get something better, leftovers so you see leftovers is a good word for all. If you don't want to eat your leftovers then don't throw it away find someone maybe living on the street who will be more than grateful for the leftovers as they probably didn't have a proper Easter meal yesterday while we were enjoying ours. So as you can see leftovers is a good word for all and that's why I chose to write about it, maybe you don't find it an interesting topic but to me it is. Another thing is that you haven't thought about all the people on the front lines in countries at war who yesterday where eating out of a can and weren't able to be with their family and friends to celebrate Easter as they always did before war interrupted their routine so give a thought to them as well, they as the poor and homeless continued suffering while we were enjoying ourselves, so don't forget weather it's Easter, Christmas, wedding's or any sort of special time those leftovers are special to someone somewhere so please don't just throw them away find a way to use them and you will feel much better because you didn't waste them. Well that's all from me for today and if you enjoy reading what I write then share my blog site so that someone else can perhaps enjoy what I write, have a great day today and don't think about what you have to do tomorrow as it will spoil today.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment