Motorways, what a waste of time, money and petrol, they are supposed to be a faster way to get from A to B but in my experience their not. First of all the roads themselves are worse than ordinary roads in any village, town or city anywhere in the world, they are full of potholes and it's not a very comfortable way to get to your destination, you spend more time trying to avoid the holes in the road than you do driving. Then because you are tired of avoiding the holes you pull over at a service station for a cup of coffee and maybe something to eat and of course it relieves the boredom of driving, you order whatever you want eat and drink then you ask for the bill, wow, looking at it you find yourself amazed at how much it is, it's as though they can charge you what ever they want, disgraceful and to make matters worse there are service stations everywhere and they're all the same, overpriced and you even have to pay to use the toilet. That's a shock so it's back on the road again but not driving fast as that's the purpose of these roads because there are road works everywhere so you have to slow down so therefore you use more petrol as you probably get stuck behind a lorry so you end up changing gears all the time but at last the road works finish and back up to speed until the next set of road works and again you have to slow down, then as your reaching your destination you see that you're running low on petrol so into the service station again but thankfully at least the price of petrol is the same as every where else and quickly into the car to avoid paying for a cup of coffee. Then as you reach the end of your journey traffic jams, again you slow down until you get to the toll booth where it's hands in your pocket to pay for the so called privalage of using the road what a complete waste of time that journey was, then because your in the city there's cars everywhere and idiots driving them, not using their indicators when changing lanes, people on their mobile phones which is against the law but no one seems to worried about it, no wonder there are so many accidents. Now I know that next time I have to go on a trip I'll use the old roads where it won't cost so much to get to where I'm going and my advice to all drivers is to do the same thing, at least it won't cost as much, maybe it will take longer but at least you don't have the boredom of using the motorways and there's also something to look at so your journey is more interesting and not as expensive and of course not so much damage to your car. Well that's all I have to say on yesterday's business trip I'm sorry that I had to go and especially use the motorways.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment