Abm stands for all by myself, that's a song that I remember but today it's not about the song it's about the feeling, feeling alone although you've got a family around you you still feel alone apart from my blog and the dogs. This weekend all the family and fiancĂ©'s will be here for the weekend, great you may say as do I but I as always will feel out of the loop, they will all be talking about their jobs, what they've been up to the past week and what's new in their lives. If they ask me what I've been doing then my answer will be nothing as I haven’t a real job because I'm retired and therefore don't have a job that I can talk about, the only things that I do are household jobs while my family are in work, like washing dishes and drying them, putting clothes out to dry, when it's cold trying to keep the house warm but if it gets warm outside during the day then I'm wrong for lightning the fire, paying bills when I get my pension, looking after the dog's and that's about it, a really interesting life don't you think. The years when the husband was the bread winner and always was the head of the family have passed and nowadays that's all changed with equality of the sexes don't get me wrong I'm not complaining that everybody has something to talk about but sometimes it does get me down. Everyone talks about something or other and I just listen to try and understand what's been going on in their lives, perhaps it's the fact that I've never really learnt the language as well as I should have and I often don't understand what they are saying but in the end I sort of understand, I wonder if there are people like me who live in a different country who don't understand everything, I'm sure there are and perhaps those people can relate to my blog. What can I do about it, nothing, just put up with my life as it is and don't complain, be here if by any chance I am needed and help if I can. Life has been good to me here where I live, I've survived four years of war in two different countries, married a great wife and we have been blessed with three great children who are getting on with their lives to the best of their ability, a roof over our heads which we call home and our children are always welcome as are friends of family members but it's as though I'm still in the army with everyone telling me what I should or shouldn't do it's as if I have a houseful of superior officers giving me orders. Well that's all for now although there is a lot that I could write about but instead I'll keep it to myself which is sometimes the best thing to do, it may get you a little depressed but that's life, live life to it's full and try not to think about things that get you down after all that's what life is all about, getting on with it to the best of your ability maybe I'm getting on a bit in years but I'm not totally useless. That's all on that topic for today, write again tomorrow, if you didn't get too depressed reading this blog then comment if you want to and of course share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment