Why is he writing about that you may ask yourself well I'll tell you. Have you ever wondered why your children must have new clothes, bags or shoes in the Winter and in the Summer, I think about it all the time, when I was growing up it was different to today. It's as if last years clothes or shoes aren't good enough because of the mark or because they are out of fashion or the wrong logo, I, perhaps grew up in a different time when my parents couldn't afford new stuff whenever I wanted them and I wore the same things for at least a year or so. In days gone by we were taught that our clothes and shoes are ok until they have holes in them, then we got new ones and shoes, well instead of buying new we took them to the cobblers who would fix them and then they were like new that's why today cobblers and dressmakers are few and far between because everyone instead of using them we buy new. Myself I'm not afraid to admit it that I wear the same stuff until they're worn out and then and only then will I throw them away and buy new, that's the difference between older and younger, they have jobs and therefore can afford new things whenever they want, gone are the days of hand me downs, no more wearing your older brothers or sisters clothes which are still ok but are too small so they have to have new. What difference does it make if a t-shirt, shirt, casual trousers, jeans or trainers have a logo or emblem on them after all they're the same as any other so you are really paying for the mark and supposedly better quality, I for one am still wearing suits and t-shirts that are years old, no mark but are still wearable, maybe not fashionable but who cares, I don't,but as I said if you're children have they're wages then they can spend them on what ever they want after all they worked for their money and it's up to them how they spend it. So I'll keep wearing the clothes and shoes that I have until I have to buy new and they won't have to be a marked brand I'll just go to the cheapest shop and buy them there, my shoes well they're a few year's old but I still wear them until they are no longer wearable and then I will buy new. Well that's all from me for today but think about what I have written and try to remember what it was like when you were growing up and why there aren't as many cobblers or dressmakers around anymore, there's another skill that is dying out along with watch makers and the like all the traditional arts that are a job of the past and only new counts, unfortunately. Well I'll write again tomorrow so until then share or comment if you enjoyed my blog, thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment