Family ties, well I suppose you all know what that means, if you don't then I'll explain it's something that bonds a family together through thick and thin, good and bad, no matter what happens you're always there for one another. That goes for my family here in Croatia, of course there are arguments but because of the bond between the family the argument is soon forgotten. My family in Wales is the same if something happens then one of the family will let me know, I am a long way from home and I do miss it but I have my family here who although I don't show it I adore and love and couldn't wish for a better wife or children than I have, through all the adverserties we are there for one another. Yesterday I found out that my mam is in hospital, she's 92, has diabetes and now fluid in one of her lungs, as soon as I heard from my brother who is also abroad I was immediately shocked as was my wife and as soon as the call ended my wife and I cried, it may sound a bit stupid to hear me admit it but I was the same when my father died and now that my mam who we all out here love especially myself and my wife, is in hospital I am beginning to feel lost. Thanks to my son he lent me the money for the trip home and he also made all the necessary arrangements through the internet, like flight tickets and bus tickets as he understands how to do it better than me, that's what family is, it's a one of a kind bond, I may not be the greatest of dads but I try. The day after tomorrow I'll fly home and leave my family here to go to be with my other family who are also a huge part of my life especially as I wasn't the best of son's, my parents stood by me and I will be eternally grateful for that and now my mams in hospital and very sick I want to be close to her and my family who are in the hospital day and night, that's how much our mother means to us. Although it will be hard to leave my family behind I know that my wife will be here at home looking after our family but I have to go to be with my other family especially with my mam and my family here understands that and I know that they will be alright so that makes me flying home a little easier. Perhaps now after reading this blog you'll understand how much I love both my families, but sometimes these events happen and you have to cope with it as well as you can, that's all for today as I must wait for everyone to wake up and then I can sort out everything that I need for the trip home and no matter how long I will be there I will stay and be with my family. If you sort of enjoyed reading today's blog then share and maybe someone else will know how I feel. Thank you and let God watch over my mam.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment