Getting up early, that's what I did today, 0145, why you may ask, I can't really explain it but I had to go to the toilet and then I knew that I shouldn't go back to bed so I stayed up, lit the fire, drank my coffee and looked for any updates on my mams condition, which I explained in yesterday's blog. It was as if somehow I knew that I shouldn't go back to bed, it was just a feeling I had, a bit weird but that's what happened and why I'm writing so early. Today is traveling day, car to the airport, airplane to London, bus to Cardiff Wales, train to my parents home and what was once my home arriving about 2300hrs tonight. My brother arrived yesterday from his job abroad and went straight to see my mam who is still not well and tomorrow I'll go to see her. When I woke up it was a very strange feeling that I was experiencing perhaps because of the traveling, leaving my family behind or something else, Im not really sure, I can put it into words but my family will say I'm stupid to think what I'm thinking now. The weekend went ok as it usually does bbq, but all the time my mobile was in my pocket to hear any updates from the family group about my mams condition, sorting out last minute arrangements and packing so that I will be ready for today. The last time I was back home in Wales was for my brother in laws funeral last year, perhaps that had something to do with the strange feeling or maybe it's because of the journey ahead or is it something that I can't write about, my family says that I'm a pessimist but what is real and happening right now makes me feel that way, of course I hope my mam pulls through but I'm not a doctor so all day today while I'm on the way home I'll be watching for updates as to my mams condition and hoping and praying that she will pull through. Well it's just a case of waiting now and letting my mind wonder as to be honest always does but I don't think that's a bad thing. People always have strange feelings about one thing or another and I hope people can understand what I'm writing about now, well that's all for today as it won't be long until I get underway so I hope to write again tomorrow, thanks for reading and perhaps sharing with a friend or someone, perhaps there is someone that feels the same way as I do right now. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment