To all my readers, at long last I'm home back in Croatia which is of course one of my homes, my heart still belongs to Wales and my family there but now I'm back here with my other family who of course I love just as much as my family in Wales I still am a bit torn between the two but now my mam is on the mend and I have updates every day I am again happy to be here, now after twelve hours of traveling and then twelve hours of sleep I am almost back to my normal self which is great apart from the fact that my son has moved away to his new job and my wife drove him there and has to come back on her own which worries me a bit but that's what they decided. The journey back was awful and then to arrive back at the airport and by a police woman telling me to open my bag so she could search it after being through customs in the UK, that was disgraceful as there was no way that I could have acquired any drugs or anything illegal so why did they do it to me after fighting for this country and arriving back home as if I didn't belong, I was fighting for Croatias independence before she was even born so what right had she? Now I'm home it's just a case of getting back into my routine and then all will be ok, home is where you belong where you feel safe in your little family world and just go back to what I did before I went to my other home so that's what my topic is really about home, I now realise that both my homes have problems just as everyone else but that's why I wrote about it today later than usual but tomorrow is another day so I think I will be writing the same time as usual, thanks for reading my sort of blogs over the last couple of weeks and I'm sorry if they weren't up to my usual standards but from now on they will be unless something happens which I hope does not, if you enjoyed reading today's blog then if you want then comment and of course share write again tomorrow. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment