Mornings what does that mean for you, well for me during the Winter it means getting up early so I've got time to get the fire lit so that's it warm before everyone gets up, doing what I have to do in the wc because I won't get a chance when everyone's awake, having my first cup of coffee and a cigarette, letting the dogs out so that they can go to the toilet then feeding them, then thinking about what I will write in my blog while I have time and then writing it in peace. Then it's time for everyone to get up and the silence is broken with arguments about who's going to be in the bathroom first then someone complaining that the one in the bathroom is taking to long. Then I have to go for a wee so I go outside which is less likely to cause an argument, then when they are all finished they go to work and silence returns thankfully and then I look around the room, the dogs have gone back to sleep, I've still got to finish my blog but staring me in the face is a mountain of dishes from the night before and it's worse on the weekends when everyone's home but I've got used to it now so I don't mind. Lately for this time of year it's been unusually warm and now all of a sudden the temperature has dropped from the low thirties to four degrees with rain and and a cold wind blowing it's as if Winter has arrived not Spring I leave my blog alone and get some more firewood because it's still chilly inside and I want it to be warm when everyone comes home then my second cup of coffee before I go to the shop for whatever I need for the day, it's hectic in the mornings but at least my mind starts to work and I'm wide awake for what awaits me which in a way is a good thing because as you get older things that have to be done get harder but you don't want to admit it to yourself. Well that's all for today a quick insite into my mornings, I wonder if you're mornings are the same or do you get to stay in bed until it's quiet and then get up to start the day off in peace. After being in the army from a youngster I'm so used to getting up at a certain time every day so I don't get the luxury of a lay in even if I wanted to, what a shame. Comment if your day starts the same way or different and of course share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment