Firstly I want to say how happy I am that Israel has not as yet retaliated to Irans attack and escalated the situation in the middle east, what will be over the next few days we will just have to wait and see. Normal, am I normal, how do I know?, for instance when I'm cooking I talk to myself out loud even if there's someone else in the room and whoever is there they tell me I'm not normal, thanks, I constantly talk to myself when I'm doing something no matter what I'm doing like writing this blog I'm talking to myself outloud especially when I misspell a word and then even the dog's look at me weird. Am I normal not to want to not worry about paying the bills every month or worrying about my family all the time where ever they are, am I normal to worry about my wife who drives to and from work everyday, my son in a different country and one of my daughters in a different city. My answer would be of course I am normal but to others I'm not, I never used to be like this but after serving in the war in Croatia and Bosnia I changed and I think to myself and talk to myself all the time, did the experiences of what I saw and did change me. There's a sad film on the tv and I always maybe shed a tear which I never did before, I used to call someone who cries at a film "soppy" but now it seems I am different perhaps I'm not normal. Is there something that you do and someone tells you that you're not normal I hope so because I don't want to be the only one in the world who's not normal. There are I'm sure some like all the dictators they are definitely not normal for wanting to start a war but that's a different kind of not being normal. Am I not normal not to want to go to the dentist even if I really need to or go to the doctors, I think I am normal because everyone changes as they get older and it seems to me that perhaps as my family say I'm not normal, here I am talking to a computer as if I'm talking to a person who is actually listening to what I say but how do you define whether or not you are normal, what is normal? If you have an answer then please comment and of course share if you like my blog thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment