Nts, nothing to say, sorry but today for now I'm lost for words. Isn't it amazing like for instance if there's an argument and you're involved in it and because of the language barrier then you can't really defend yourself in that language so therefore you resort to your mother tounge which in my case is english, not to say that I'm involved in an argument but just as an example. Even conversation when you don't understand everything you just keep quiet and hope that someone will explain what's going on in laymans terms and then you understand and can put your point of view, I've been living here in Croatia since 1991 and still can't speak fluently, perhaps I should go to school to learn the language but at my age it will be pretty difficult to stay concentrated. Even though I don't speak or really understand the language I can just about get by but is that enough, people who are close to me like my family or friends understand me but is that enough? If you think about it I feel like a tourist on holiday in a different country where you have to rely on someone else to translate for you so that's what I mean by nothing to say which is basically true so writing my blog helps me to communicate with people without feeling helpless and I never get stuck for an answer which makes me feel better. Well that's all for today but my blog will be back to normal tomorrow, like, share and follow if you can. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment