Is there anybody or anything that likes the rain apart from Prince's Purple Rain and of course the classic "singing in the rain" I myself detest the rain, what do you do you think when it's bucketing down, nothing, just sit on your backside and wait for it to stop. There are people who like the rain like people in Africa and other dry places that need rain for their crops to grow so that they will have crops to harvest, which means they will have food to last through until the next time it rains.It helps firemen who live in places like America and Australia where there are always wild fires and the rain makes their life a lot easier. Wow its stopped oh no it's started again. There are as well those in hot countries who see their resavoirs drying up and therefore there won't be water for household use so when it arrives they are jumping for joy. In a way rain is good for countries at war because there will be less dead or injured, the soldiers have time to prepare for when the rain stops but I'm sure that there are many of those soldiers who don't want it to ever stop so they can go home to their families. There are people who make their living out of sunny days like people who work on the seaside holiday resorts who hate rainy days as there are then less tourists spending their money so it doesn't help them. Here I am sitting on my backside trying to think of things that rain is good for, my dogs wont even go out for a pee, apart from the above rain is good for what, well if you put your wellies on and a coat then you can wash the car for instance, it'll keep your water bills down and while you're out then wash the windows so that when the sun comes back you have more time to sit and enjoy the sun but if it gets too hot then you hope it rains so it's a no win situation. The real downside for me is that rain makes the weeds and grass grow so when it stops instead of sunbathing you have to weed the garden and cut the grass, thankfully for me my wife and daughter do it, I don't know whether they do it out of necessity or they just like being out in the sun, either way I don't have to do it, I just get tired watching them and it's bad for my back, well that's my excuse so you see there are pros and cons for rain but whatever they are I still don't like the rain and coming from Wales which is the land of song and rain to lovely warm and sunny country like Croatia it makes a welcome change. Well I don't know what you think I just wrote what I think and everybody has their own opinion for their likes and dislikes of rain. Well that's all for todays rainy and depressing blog, if by some chance you enjoyed it then please share, follow and comment as I'm always glad to hear from you. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment