Isn't it just terrible to see once again ordinary people being targeted by bombs and mortars and being once again driven from their homes. The orders obviously coming from the top which of course means non other than the war monger himself, Putin and the Ukrainians can't do a thing to stop it except helping with the evacuation of the elderly and sick from the border towns with Russia. It is a familiar site for me after witnessing it myself here in Croatia in 1991, so I know how those people feel being driven from their homes and normal lives not knowing wheater they will return or not by a superior force intent on carrying out their orders by a lunatic dictator. Here in Croatia after so many years people are back in their homes, rebuilt and the villages, towns and cities are back to normal, Croatia has come back from the brink of destruction to become a stronger and better country, all because of the heart and will of the people. There is a huge question mark over wheater the Ukrainians can do the same without the total and I mean total commitment to Ukraine and its citizens by its so-called "allies" who are still not doing enough to stop Putins idiotic rampage, not caring how many of his soldiers die as long as he and his government, if you can call it that, reach their objective, the total anialation of the Ukrainian people and their history, culture and way of life. The whole of the world just stands on the side lines watching the daily reports from all over Ukraine and a lot of analists agree that without the help of the west then Ukraine will be lost forever and just become a part of Putins back yard where he can once again line his own and his associates pockets financially to become once again rich while his people just accept what he says and does because of his propaganda machine which is well oiled after so many years of Putins reign of dictatorship. My only hope that I can see is that someone close to Putin decides enough is enough and puts a stop to his campaign one way or another even if it means that Putin meets a untimely death, which I would imagine a lot of people around the world are hoping for and therefore he won't be able to continue his reign or terror and threats of using nuclear weapons, it may sound a bit cold hearted but I hope someone does do away with Putin forever and then there will be no more death and destruction and the whole world can get back to normal until another dictator comes along wanting to emulate Putin which I hope will never happen. That's what I think you can agree or disagree that's your choice but the people of Ukraine have no choice but just to endure the hardships of war. Thanks for reading todays blog share, follow and comment as it means a lot to me. Thank you and may God protect the people of Ukraine.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment