Exactly that today I got up later than usual and it seemed like I had lost half a day I didn't get to see the sun rising for the start of another day and the fact that I'm still alive and kicking. How do you feel when you get up late especially if you have to go to work, the alarm goes off, you turn it off and go back to sleep then you wake up late and it's a mad rush to get ready and then go to work, your then angry all day because you were late getting up,but you always find someone to blame in my family if my wife gets up late then I am to blame which is normal anyway. In my case I don't rely on an alarm as I am so used to getting up early because it's as if I have an alarm clock in my brain which normally tells me it's time to get up but for some reason it didn't today. It's 0545 and I haven't had my second cup of coffee and am only just starting to write my blog which is on a normal day published by now and am prepared for my wife and daughter to get up to do what they have to before going to work but it's Sunday so it doesn't matter if they're late, I wonder why I sometimes not that often get up late, is it because I'm getting older and enjoy sleep more but more than eight hours can't be good for you? When you get up late it's as if you can't perform as normal and the whole day starts off on the wrong foot and then it takes for ages for you to get back into your routine, perhaps especially on a Sunday you deliberately get up late because your body is telling you that you need to replenish your batteries after a full week of work which I suppose makes sense but for me who doesn't have to go to work and sleep normally eight hours a night it doesn't seem logical that I should get up late as my batteries are full so when I do get up late I'm angry at myself for staying in bed so long but sometimes it does happen so I just accept it as something that does happen once in a while. How do you who read my blog feel when you get up late does it make you happy that you had those few extra hours of sleep or do you wonder why? That's all for today as I'm late for my second cup of coffee so I'll write again tomorrow as normal at the proper time and then I'll feel better. If you enjoyed reading my late blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment