Well that's over, I mean the weekend, back to work time. The weekend went as usual shouting and bawling as usual but yesterday we celebrated our youngest daughters birthday even though it was on the 1st because everyone was home at least for one day, the good thing about it was there was only Sunday for everyone complaining about what I should and shouldn't do. My wife made her a cake which everyone ate after dinner and enjoyed considering how much was left over, no leftovers to use for todays dinner which is a change from the norm when I have to think about what to cook with them for todays dinner. After another uncomfortable nights sleep because of the heat I woke up to a short and sweet thunderstorm which lasted about five minutes but at least it's a bit fresher, the dogs didn't perticularly want to go out for their usual pee because of the thunder and lightning and were soon back in, the birds are cherping so their happy it's not so hot as well, time to make my wifes coffee and my second. Today's going to be back up into the low thirties so back to the hot weather so I'm going to enjoy this fresh weather while it lasts. What to do today, not a lot of dishes to wash and wipe, don't have to prepare dinner for my wife and daughter because their on a "diet" because it won't be long before it's holiday time, perhaps that's the reason why? It seems like I only have to make dinner for myself, that's a change but I'll have to get used to it as both my wife and daughter are going away next week working so from Monday next week it's only me and the dogs, wow It'll be as if I'm in a monestry for the week but there's always the telephone so I'll hear from them. Everyone here is gearing up for the forthcoming European Championships in football of course and no one in Croatia can wait for the first match against Spain, of course we're the underdogs but who knows we may surprise everyone, at least the football supporters will be happy now there's soccer on the telly and their countries team to support alone or with their friends, so it seems as if it's a busy couple of weeks ahead. Well that's all for now and you liked todays blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment