It's that time of the week again when the house is normally full but not this weekend. My son won't be home as he's working, my youngest daughter and her fiance won't be here so it's just my wife, eldest daughter and perhaps her fiance and me, a peaceful weekend until 1800hrs when not only our telly but probably every tv in Croatia will be on and everyone glued to the box as our national team start their campaign off at the Euros with what every hopes will be a win, it seems that we will be putting our best team out onto the turf hoping for a good start with hopefully three points, the most important thing though is that we try our best,enjoy the atmosphere and remember every one back home in Croatia is rooting for them that's all every Croatian wants. My condolences go to Scotland who put on a good show but in the end the tartan army had a hammering although they scored one consolation goal which was better than nothing, sorry to them but I'm sure they drowned their sorrows in a dram or two. Apart from the football this weekend my daughter and my wife will be packing because next week they will be going away to work for the same company but a different shop, so I'll be on my lonesome self, the only good thing is that nobody will be shouting at me everyday. The sun took its hat off yesterday so perhaps that's a good omen for tonights match, sorry but I can't wait for tonight that's why football keeps coming up while I'm writing. The world's the same just bad news but for today I'll try to stay off that topic even though the idiot is making idle threats again which is normal for his empty head, keep up the fight all you soldiers of Ukraine the day will come when you will be free. Well that's all from me as my wife has to go to work early as the computers in her shop over the last couple of days haven't worked so she has a lot of catching up to do. If you liked reading todays blog then like, follow, share and comment if you want to. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment