This blog I forgot to publish it on Saturday 29.Wow it's started, that horrible word weekend, it all started last night, no one had arrived so I decided to go upstairs and lay down, peaceful until the gate opened my eldest daughters fiance, don’t have to go downstairs then ten minutes later my wife arrived and by this time I had taken my tablets and was a bit blurry eyed, a hug and a kiss, ok back upstairs it was as if I was in training for a marathon, starting to drop off then my youngest and her fiance then a shout "hi dad" was there no end to the comings and goings, it was like a tube station in rush hour, almost asleep the light was turned on as my wife had to get bedding to make my sons bed, again I started to drop off but to no avail my son arrived with everyone saying hello apart from me I just wanted to try and get some sleep although there was bedlam downstairs and upstairs was like a sauna I managed to get to sleep thankfully, until my mind told me it was time to get up so downstairs all doors open, great start to the morning , closed one so the dogs could go out, when they had done what they had to do it was coffee time, in and as always first thing put my glasses on, no where to be found, this was getting worse, then dishes, ok that wasn't so bad as I knew there would be, coffee made, sat down to start my blog as usual and I looked around for my piece of paper where I had written down all the amounts of bills that had to be paid after the weekend, that was no where to be found what a morning this was turning out to be. At least this morning they won't get up all at once, my eldest and her fiance have now gotten up, found my glasses, found my piece of paper, drank my coffee now it's just a case of wait and see who's next to get up? Well that's all for now, it's been eventful up till now so tune in tomorrow for the next installment. If you enjoyed todays blog then like. follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment