How do you adjust your life to suit others, it's hard when you get older and have lived most of your life in the military, people want things now not later, everything must be done when others want it and I am finding that concept difficult to deal with. When I arrived in Croatia I adjusted to what I had to, the reality of war and it's consequences but in the compounds of family life things don't go as you want them to but you accept that your not in charge no more, not a commander but a foot soldier. The hot weather is on its way back 22 now and will reach the mid thirties during the day, hot and humid weather are not good for anyone and I'm beginning to feel it but I have to adjust as with global warming it's going to be different every year. The people of Ukraine are adjusting to life under the umbrella of war, watching their villages, towns and cities being wiped off the face of the earth, if and when this inascusable war ends and hopefully it will how will they adjust to going home to a pile of rubble, it'll be hard but as in Croatia the people did adjust and did rebuild, that's what the people of Ukraine have to look forward to when they look upon their demolished houses thanks to the lunatic who decided to start this so called special operation in Ukraine. How is the world going to adjust to the wars thar are going on all over the our planet, will we in the end just destroy ourselves or is there a light at the end of the tunnel where we can all live in peace without thinking our country is next to go to war, it's a hard thing to wish for but I do, arguments, disagreements and the ultimate threat of nuclear war are the only things that are on the media and it's hard to get on with normal life but you have to adjust or go insane, that is now reality. Well that's all for now I hope I've given you something to ponder on. If you enjoyed todays blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment