What can I say apart from the fact that my brain is fried, 23 degrees and it's only 0523 and it's set to rise to 35degrees, too hot to write because that involves sitting down and I end up with a sweaty bum, I apologize for that comment but it's true. The doctors say drink at least two liters of water a day which I do and spend most of the day in the toilet, this is a terrible way to start a blog but this heat is unbearable and will get worse next week. The weekend has gone quietly with only my wife, eldest daughter and yours truly, too quiet so much so that my brain has stopped working as usual. The whole world is basically the same with overnight strikes by the Russian hoards on the Sumy region in Ukraine leaving them without power, no air conditioning so just battery power and of course the old stand by candles, it reminds me of the blackout in WWII and here in Croatia during the war, so if you're in a war zone my advice is always have a good stock of candles handy. There's nothing much to say apart from the fact that our son is going to Germany next week to work for two to three weeks as the company he works for has a contract there so he and one other will be going there to work. Well I'm sorry I can't think of anything concrete to write about but maybe tomorrow I'll be able to focus better, that's all for today so if you enjoyed reading today's overheated blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment