In this ever changing world with wars, global warming, politics all sorts of things that aren't right and probably will never change there is one thing through out history from the very beginnings of civilization and that is music. What makes people like music or should I say why, I myself think that it is a combination of lyrics, rhythm and togetherness, the chance for people to come together and enjoy themselves without having to worry about anything. There have been great musicians throughout history composing, writing or just playing an instrument solo the list is endless so I can't write all the names that are famous as there are too many. From a short time after I was born I have listened to music on the radio firstly and then with the invention of television I was able to see and hear some of the all time legends. There was for me the 50s,60s,70s,when music meant a lot to me, it was a chance to get away from it all and emerse oneself in the music without a care in the world. There were great concerts with thousands attending the greatest was and will be Glastonbury where the phrase "sex, drugs and rock and roll" came from, everyone enjoying the music even though they were probably high at the time but it didn't make any difference, it didn't matter what race or colour you were you just enjoyed the moment away from the trials and tribulations of daily life even if it was just for a short while. There are classics that people of my age and perhaps younger will remember, just a few bars of the song and you find yourself singing along maybe subconsciously or even out loud, it was music. During the 60s I became a dj and a fairly good dancer and of course being a teddy boy at the time I was dressed for it with winkle picker shoes, drainpipe trousers and a colorful long drape with a velvet collar and pockets, oh to be young again, the only thing that I didn't have was the hair for it to make a quiff just like Elvis but I enjoyed it all the same, with music came all sorts of trends but for me it was the music,Soul, Country, R&R, Rockabilly, Glam, Elvis, Buddy Holly, Beatles, The stones, Jimi Hendrix all the greats, the concerts and one that was shown around the world on telly with BobGeldoff as the initiator and the theme was to raise money for Africa "Live Aid" so many people in so many countries all helping people less fortunate than themselves and don't forget the great Freddy Mercury dying from Aids but still appeared when he joined back up with his band Queen. As I said there are too many great artists male and female, soloist or duets, groups, choirs the list goes on and on as they say"a blast from the past"and that’s what music is to everyone, on a somber note even when you die there is music. Well that's all for now, I have to stop writing or I will continue until I have enough to write a book about how much music has affected my life, the only words that I can think of to finish is enjoy and remanise about music and who you were in days gone by. Well if you enjoyed today's blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment