Nothing to wtite about today as I got up late and haven't the time today and apart from that I have things in my head that I can't write about because of who reads my blog so I'll just ponder on what's on my mind today and start my blog again tomorrow, sorry but that's life. I'll just leave you with a snippet and that's,I don't know who am I anymore and what am I good for apart from paying bills and writing my blog, I long for those days gone by when I was someone who commanded respect and was always there if something was asked from me but it seems as if I am not the same person anymore just someone who does nothing and isn't good for nothing but writing my blog and reading from the mobile. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment