Yesterday started off as usual, getting up, dogs, coffee, blog and then waiting for my wife to get up and thankfully there was milk for her coffee, at least I wasn't shouted at first thing in the morning the start of a good day I thought. Then It was time to go to the shop but of course I hadn't received my money back from the bank so my daughter just wrote what I owed on a paper and went back home to wait for the bank to open so I could ask where my money was, the woman told me it would probably be some time during the day, ok I'll just wait and sure enough it did arrive so everything started to get back to normal. No dinner to prepare as my wife said she would make tortillas for dinner so nothing to prepare and yippee no dishes, there must be something in the air as everything was going right, famous last words. As I had received my money I telephoned my wife to ask when she would be home, she answered sounding not very happy and told me she didn't know as she had a ton of paperwork to finish so I asked her when she did come home to leave the car outside so that I could get my money as the buses weren't running as usual because the children were on holiday, she said ok and hung up, it seemed that the day wasn't going as well as I thought. Eventually she and my daughter arrived home so I took the car keys as I could see my wife wasn't in a good mood and go to get my money then the problems started. Out I went to the car and turned the keys, nothing, I tried again and nothing, then out came my wife and daughter to see what was wrong, I gestured that I couldn't start the car so my wife tried to no avail during which time my daughter had telephoned her fiance so after we all went inside and my wife decided what to do next but of course my daughters fiance arrived and he tried, of course nothing but he popped the hood to see what in his personal opinion was the problem as if he was a mechanic and nothing so he said that it was the battery but I wondered how my wife started the car to come home and I thought that it might be the altenator which charges the battery but they had all decided it was the battery. Then I had an idea that we would push the car inside and I would bump start it in reverse so my wife, daughter and I decided with a little help from the neighbor to push the car inside, ok that went well,then I got inside and they gave it a push and it started straight away at least I had had one bright idea my wife left the car running to try to recharge the battery while she telephoned the mechanic who she had bought the car from and he told her to photograph the battery and send it to him and today he would fix it. Of course then my daughter decided to mow the grass so the car had to be moved, I just hoped that it would start today. Great it has and my wife has gone to work, I wonder what today will be like better I hope. That's all for me for today so if you enjoyed reading today's blog then like,follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment