What to write about today that's the question it sounds like something out of Shakespeare, I'm not saying that I'm any where as good as him, ha,ha.Well yesterday a sort of normal day with the car starting and my wife going to work, my only job I thought was to prepare lunch, breast of chicken marinated in a hot sauce and runner beans(from the garden) cooked and then tossed in a garlic butter sauce with a side saled of fresh cucumbers, oops now I'm feeling hungry. Once I had prepared that it was a case of doing nothing until my wife and daughter came home from work or so I thought. The sun was shining and fairly warm, in the high twenties and unexpectedly the man who cuts the wood arrived in his tractor, for me it's easier to pay someone to do it than do it myself as I once did, while he and his helper were cutting the wood I was stacking it in a nice pile which would make it easier for me to use a wheelbarrow to move it into the garage where we stored the wood for winter, there's no way that I'll be able to do it all in one day so slowly but shourly. As by the time it was time to make dinner I had finished and went inside hoping that everything was ok with the car and as my wife arrived home she told me that the mechanic had said that the new battery hadn't been delivered so it should be today. After lunch I borrowed the car and went to get money to pay the last of this months bills and have enough to pay the man for cutting the wood. After all that had been done it was inside as the battle against the mosquitos was still ongoing, the mosquitos had won the first round and if you were outside in the early evening they attacked with full force, their army seemed to have reinforcements and the airplane that sprayed them with insecticide hadn't worked as well as expected, which every year it's just the same, just a waste of time and money, and as usual it's back to the buzzing sound in your ear as you try to get to sleep, so it's back to normal as far as the war with the mosquitos goes. Well it's a Happy 4th of July to all Americans hope you all have a great day, it's time to make coffee for my wife and myself so if you enjoyed todays blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment