Well after a long pause I'm back to my normal self, accident, tile layer and everything else that has happened in my life the last few days within my family and in the world. The weekend started early with my son coming home on Thursday and going back to work tonight, short but sweet, my youngest daughter and her fiance arrived last night so again for a short time it's a full house and I mean a full house which is great as my wife is going away with one of her friends today for a couple of days as we have a holiday on Monday so it's a long weekend. My son apparently will cook dinner today and tomorrow I'll cook dinner for only three as my wife won't be here and my eldest daughter will be with her fiance, wow what a strange weekend but it's better than nothing with no one here. For me it's great to be able to write again and to get back into my rhythm, I'm not going to touch on the subject of world politics or war, I'm going to try and enjoy this weekend perhaps I'll talk about that tomorrow as I will prepare everything for tomorrow's dinner this afternoon so I'll have time tomorrow morning to write which as you know I enjoy. My wife and daughter have gone to work my son and youngest daughter are still sleeping how can they sleep this late by the clock in my head, I don't know but good for them. We had a little bit of rain yesterday so the temperature is ok for now 19 and will hit a normal 31 degrees which for me is great, you can sit outside without being eaten by mosquitos which are supposed to be dead because they sprayed from an airplane but as usual it didn't work they're still here bitting you just have to put up with it. Well that's all for my first day back so if you enjoyed today's blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment