Isn't it amazing that every time of the year when there's a special holiday like Christmas and Easter adverts are everywhere. Mostly now during Easter they target the children with all sorts of chocolate goodies then as soon as they see the advert they look at their parents as if to say buy, buy me, then at Christmas it's all sorts of toys that again the children want to replace toys that they don't play with anymore and again they look at their parents saying will I get that from Santa, it's a terrible shame that the advertisers target children but it's big business and the more adverts for the children to see the more money the businesses will make which in a way makes sense for them, spend on adverts to reap the financial rewards. There's advertising everywhere, on tv, internet, newspapers, all sorts of media and it's not only aimed at children, shops advertise their products so parents can choose which shop is the best and cheapest from everything like food and drink for the holiday period to new home appliances and cars, there is no exception to the means that advertisers will go to to get a bigger slice of the pie, which is ok to a certain extent but in the end it becomes boring as the same adverts are in front of you all the time and it's as if the advertisers are brain washing you to buy their products. The companies that benefit the most are the ones whose adverts are on the media the most and are seen by a higher number of people, I know that these people have a job to do and are quite clever at what they do but in the end the ordinary people end up the worst off financially and mentally with the constant words of I want that from men, women and children, wouldn't it be nicer to go from shop to shop and decide for yourself than being bombarded by adverts, I can understand both sides of the argument and it's up to the individual to make up their own mind as to what they buy and where they shop not to be forced into it, ordinary people have to think about what's financialy acceptable to them maybe one day I will have to advertise if I get enough followers but for now I don't have to. What do you think am I right or wrong, just think about it and make up your own mind.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment