Well betting is putting money on a horse, casino, football or any other subject you think you have a chance to win on, they say that the house always wins and I suppose that's true but we still enjoy a flutter once in a while hoping that we will win. Stop... Breaking news.. the latest odds for the Russian elections are just in... for 1,000,000 dollars you bet you win 10 cents if Putin wins. Sorry for the interruption but I thought that you might like to hear that if you want to make some money, ha,ha,ha. We all bet at least once in our lives whether we are male or female, it supplies you with an adrenalin rush which takes you away from your daily life with that small hope of a big win. There are not many people that actually win even on the lottery, if you do have to be one of the lucky ones does that windfall actually bring you happiness, how many people who have won a lot of money end up having a happier life, not many I bet, there's probably arguments between the family and in some extreme cases divorce, which is more important all that money or your family, for me and quite a few others family and health comes first, so if you do happen to win big think before you spend the money. For those 10 cents you will win on the Russian elections it might mean more war, maybe an escalation into a nuclear war so was that 10 cents worth winning? For me I enjoy betting on my favorite team, not a huge amount of money but for 90 minutes there's always hope that my team will win and that means I win not a lot but the enjoyment of watching the game is more important than the bet. Who will you bet on in the upcoming American elections I hope it's not Putins friend and benifactor Trump, in fact if you bet on Trump then I'm sorry to say but I hope you lose as I enjoy my life too much to see Putin and Trump in power of the two most powerful nuclear countries in the world, so you see maybe betting can bring you happiness, sorrow or even worse, so have that little bet if you have some spare money and enjoy the little that you might win because you don't know what's going to happen next. There are some bets that you will always win like seeing your wife and children every day, the sun rising and then the moon coming out, the food that's put on your plate and that first cup of coffee in the morning. That's what betting means good or bad, what do you think?
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment