"I forgot" how many times have you heard that phrase, once or a million times, I don't know because I've forgotten. Like today I got up as usual to light the fire and let the dog's out and it felt a bit chilly around my lower body, yes you guessed it I forgot to put my trousers on. When you go to town for something specific that your wife wanted from a certain shop but you also have to buy other things and when you've got everything you need you go home and your wife asks you where is the one thing that she wanted which you didn't buy you say I forgot and she won't speak to you until you buy that one item and you think to yourself why didn't I put everything on a piece of paper and then everything would be alright. If you have to cook dinner and you need a certain ingredient so you telephone your wife at work and tell her you need it to finish dinner and she says she'll bring it when she's finished work so you wait and when she comes home you ask where's the item you telephoned her for and she says I forgot. When it's time to mow the lawn you get the mower out and look around for the petrol and there isn't any because you forgot to buy it. There are so many examples of forgetfulness that I can't really write them all down because I've forgotten them, you think to yourself is there something wrong with me but there probably isn't as everyone forgets something sometime even if it's just an important date of someone's birthday or anniversary and of course you forget, everyone forgets sometime in their lives and if they say they don't then I think that's a lie. When you have an appointment for the doctors, dentists or even the barbers you forget so why don't we just put it in your mobile because you forget that you can do that, some people call it absent minded or they say your getting senile but I suppose it's old age creeping up on you well that's my excuse although I always say that I'm not getting old. Is there really a scientific reason for forgetfulness, I'll have to look on my mobile if I remember to do it. Have you ever forgoten something I'm sure you have at least once in your lives even if you're young and it's something trivial like your homework that you forget and then have to explain where it is to your teacher and they immediately think that it's an excuse because you didn't do it but your actually telling the truth so it happens to everyone old or young, it's just life and it will always happen at least once so next time you have to remember something put it on your mobile straight away so that you won't forget it, I hope that's good advice for you and I'm going to do that from now on and I hope that I don't forget my mobile as I'm back to square one.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment