Music, now that brings music to my ears, joke sorry, it is always in your life from the moment you are born and you're parents sing you a lullaby to put you to sleep, teenager years talking with your friends about your favorite singer or group, football games when everyone sings to help their team on, in the shower when you think no one can hear you, in church you at some point sing, in almost every shop you hear music from a radio over the loudspeakers, everywhere and even at the time you die there's a bugaler or bagpipes playing, so as you can see music is a part of our life. As I grew up in the 60's it played a great part in my life, I loved R&R and was a real teddy boy although I didn't have the hair for it I was a great dancer and eventually became a dj in my spare time, not getting paid but just playing the records that I wanted to hear and watching the people dancing that was enough payment for me. Every decade a new form of music comes out, from Soul, R&B,Country, R&R, Punk, Pop music, Glam, opera, everywhere and every year there is something new on the music scene and of course with music comes different clothes and hair styles. Even during wars there was music for example Vera Lynn"We'll meet again"blasting out from the radio and also on the enemies side, it helped relieve the fear of dying on the front and reminded you of home. You play the radio while you're in the car on a long journey to keep you from falling asleep while driving, you sing along with songs that you remember even if you don't have a great voice it makes you happy, it's on tv, everywhere, you can't get away from music. Of course people made millions if they became popular but what difference does that make as long as you are content to listen to them. There are some song's that will never go out of fashion, hits which will remain hits for ever I'm sure you know of at least one song that you know almost all the words to and you sing along quietly to yourself. If there is one constant thing in our lives which takes our mind off the bad things that are happening all around us and that's music. I'm sure no matter what age you are, country your from, religion you are, language you speak there is always music and I for one am happy about it, music brings us together as for instance at concerts where there are thousands listening and dancing to one of their favorite singers or groups, that's why I'm writing about it, it's like the Sun always there and I hope it always will be, what do you think?
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment