Sleep isn't that a great word, it's funny but everybody can't wait to go to sleep. Why do we all like sleeping, is it because we just drift away into dream land where nothing is real? Is it because when we shut our eyes we forget about all our problems and are just left with peace and quiet and don't have to worry about anything? Is it a medical condition as if our bodies are telling us that we need to sleep to regenerate ourselves to get ready for the day to come? For me it's all of the above, lying there in a comfortable bed with nothing to disturb me just the warmth of my sheet and blanket, reading or just thinking until your body takes over and tells you it's time to close your eyes and sleep. The doctors tell you that you should have at least 8 hours sleep in order for us to replenish our batteries just like you recharge your car battery I suppose, what ever the reason is it's a great time and every day I can't wait for bedtime. Another day gone by, jobs done, meals digested, the days problems solved so now you deserve a good nights sleep. Is there anybody on this planet that can't wait to go to sleep perhaps there are, like homeless people living on the street with no homly comforts because they are afraid that someone might steel their only possessions while they try to sleep, people in war zones who are afraid to go to sleep just incase a bomb lands on their home and they don't wake up from their troubled slumber, people with a medical disorder like insomnia where they can't sleep no matter how hard they try, even animals sleep so I feel sorry for the people that don't or can't sleep they are missing out on a wonderful thing that I and many others enjoy,even if you have to wake up to start another day just waiting for bedtime. What do you think am I right or am I wrong, is sleep a good or bad thing, has anybody got an opinion on this topic if so then reply and don't forget to share if you enjoy reading my blogs.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment