Well today's topic is what I'm doing now, writing down thing's that relate to that topic. Anyone can say a word of interest in conversation and then I start thinking about it and then I start writing my thoughts down on that word,I suppose that's how the great authors of history came up with great books, I only wish that I could come up with a great idea and then maybe I could write another book but unfortunately I can't think of an idea, I suppose that happens to every writer. Every day my head is full of idea's but I can't think of how to make that idea into a book which is a shame. How did some of our more recent authors come up with an idea which became a best seller and then a block buster movie or tv series, they must have an extraordinary imagination perhaps that's what I'm lacking, I can imagine winning the lottery and what I would do with the money, I can imagine that perhaps one day my book about the war in Croatia might be published but I always come back down to earth with a bang as none of the above will ever happen. Well at least I can write down a few words every day on this blog and perhaps people will read it but I suppose that's wishful thinking because I'm in a foreign country and I can't write what I think in that language, if I was living in America or the UK it might be different because I write in english and here where I live hardly anyone understands what I have written but I'm not, so I this blog site isn't read by a lot of people but I don't really mind because I enjoy getting up every day, drink my coffee and write, that gives me pleasure and I'll keep doing it not really caring about making a fortune like other bloggers do, money isn't everything as long as I'm happy doing what I do every morning then that's all that's important to me.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment