Luck, do you believe in it, like finding a four leaf clover, a bird shiting on you, is that going to bring you luck or do you just make your own luck? Some people have so called luck by winning the lottery, winning on online gambling or winning on the stock market, are these all attributed to luck, good question but if you think about it everything that you bet on is controlled by a computer or little balls spinning around in a plastic globe, you win, is that really luck? How do you define what luck really is, I'm not sure but I think you make your own luck. For instance I made my own luck by going to a cafe and meeting my wife who worked there, I made my own luck during the war in Croatia by doing what I had been taught and stayed alive, my wife and I were lucky enough to have three children when there are other married people who can't have children, are those examples of luck or destiny? In a way you could say that it was my destiny to get married not just luck, which is it and is there such a thing as luck, that word has been baffling me for years although I've used it many times I can't explain it no matter what the dictionary says, destiny, good fortune or chance, they all mean the same to me, which is the right word to use if you win the lottery I'm not sure are you? Is there anyone in this wide world that can actually prove that luck really exists if there is then perhaps someone else will disagree and explain why it wasn't really luck, is it luck that people like what I write and my readers are slowly getting larger, I think not it's because people associate what I write with themselves so I don't think it's luck, I would love someone to comment on this as I'm very interested to find out if there is anyone who can actually prove to me that there is such a thing as luck, well that's all I have to write today because that word is giving me a headache, thanks for reading, feel free to comment on this subject and don't forget to share, thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment