You know what a street is well I'm going to write about what's on it apart from pavements. On almost every street there are, apart from shops and cafes, there are street performers. You can see anything from magicians to singers, do you stop to watch or listen, I do. When you have had enough of one you move onto the next but do you put something in their hat or wherever they are collecting money, I do sometimes if they're good. As I walk on down the street there's a singer and I stop to listen, perhaps they are good or bad but I still listen and wonder why are these people are doing what they do. Thinking about it I wonder if they're doing it for a bit of extra money, practicing or hoping that they may get spotted by someone in their particular field, get noticed and maybe get a proper job out of it. There are a few really good singers out on the streets but why, are they in college and need money to pay for their tuition or do they just like performing and hearing people clap at the end of their act or maybe they just like seeing the smiles on peoples faces as they seem to forget about shopping and stop to listen. Why if some of them are really good don't they audition for a reality show on tv and there are loads of them, on those shows they will reach a wider audience not just a few shoppers and maybe get a real shot at fame and fortune. Whatever act they are doing out on the streets they have one real thing and that is courage, courage to be there no matter what the weather is like or how good they think they are , so what ever reason they are performing I admire them because they have that courage and I don't mind giving them something out of my pocket to give them encouragement to keep doing what they enjoy and entertaining others who may have problems but after watching or listening they forget their problems if only for a minute or two, so thanks to all the street performers,keep doing what you are doing and try to enjoy yourselves in whatever your performance is and don't stop just because you don't have a large audience, if you're good enough then more and more people will stop, watch and listen and of course you will make more money which is why you are probably there in the first place. Well that's all from me for today I hope you enjoyed reading my blog and will continue to follow me and perhaps share with someone you know. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment