Early bird catches the worm so the saying goes, I'd rather be catching my pillow, got up at 0150 what a time to leave the comfort of your bed. The reason being is that I got up early in order to make coffee for my wife who's going away again to work, hopefully the last time, money isn't everything some things are more important but that's married life for you. Well it's only me and our eldest daughter who starts back to work today, back to usual, dishes, collect the dried clothes, prepare dinner and then just wait for our daughter to come home from work so that we can eat. The temperature is still in the low twenties and no breeze perhaps the calm before the storm, I hope not but a few drops of rain will do just to freshen the air a bit although today will be hot again. How people in hot countries put up with the heat every day I've got no idea, I suppose that they just get used to it. To change the subject only another seventeen hours until kickoff of Croatias last and most important match of the group stage of the Euros, only a win will do and I hope that they get it but after the way that they've been playing I have my doubts which is a terrible thing to say as a Croatian football fan for donkeys years, win or lose, continue on or not I will always support them but a win would be the icing of the cake. Normally I fall asleep about nine but today is an exception and I'll try to stay awake because watching it on telly is better than watching it on my mobile because I'll probably fall asleep and end up with a empty battery on my mobile and won't see the outcome. That's enough about football what about politics, well I saw Trump and his speech and he seems a bit out of it when talking and he says Biden is old, we'll it's not long and we'll see who will be the next president my only hope is that whoever it is will continue to support Ukraines fight for democracy against the russian hoards, so many lives lost, so many families pulled apart the war coming to an end can't come soon enough for me and everyone else who's watching the daily suffering on both sides. Well that's all for now as it's coffee time so I can stay awake, I wonder how many cups I will drink today or perhaps I'll have a little sleep this afternoon just to make sure I stay awake. Well if you enjoyed reading todays early bird blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment