Well today's the day, some have been longing for and some who haven't. From 2100hrs Euro24 kicks off and by any possibility you don't really know what's happening well footballs back on the telly. The sports fans all over Europe will be extatic especially those countries that are represented there, they have something at long last to watch, the pubs will be happy because it means business is going to get back to some sort of normality with the cash register ringing in the background, there's no watching your favorite country on telly without your friends around you and a pint in front of you or in the case of Scottish fans a whisky and if by a slim chance they beat Germany quite a few whiskeys. For us in Croatia it all starts off tomorrow when we play against Spain, everyone here has high hopes as we almost always do well on the European stage, we'll just have to wait and see. When you think about football back on the telly then you must remember those who are not going to be happy especially the non fans who would rather have the remote control where it has been for the last few weeks, in their hands so they can watch what they want and not what the mainly male population want, we have to feel sorry to the female race who aren't generally football fans although there are a few who normally watch their favorite program on the tv now their stuck watching football, what a shame, ha, ha, I am almost in tears for them, I said almost if you didn't read it right. Today if it's not raining which is the norm for the past week I'll be rumiging around in boxes trying to find all my Croatian national shirts and hats which I have accumalated over the years so if I'm not in the stadium I can at least show my support for Croatia. For such a small country we seem to do well in all sports which is surprising to many people outside Croatia but to us it means a great deal as we are a proud country and what better way to show it is through sports, which ever kind, the red and white shirts, hats and flags will be seen everywhere and not only in Croatia but all over the world. Well that's all for now as it's not very warm out here as the tempature has plumited from what it should be and everyone is feeling the cold but I think and hope that it will get warmer especially as footballs back. If you enjoyed reading todays blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Let's go Croatia ðŸ‡ðŸ‡·❤️
ReplyDeleteTomorrow's the day I believe in Croatia and our national team, all we can do is wish them the best and enjoy the experience
ReplyDelete