Well it's Sunday morning and it's hot and it's only 0500 and it's already 22 degrees and to be quite honest I don't feel like doing anything but finding somewhere cooler. Everyone arrived last night at various times it was like a railway station, trying to sleep was almost impossible with the dogs barking when someone arrived and upstairs where our bedroom is is like a sauna so sleeping is almost impossible and its only the 9th of June what the summer is going to be like I can only guess more of the same or even hotter. Our house is like a hotel with all the rooms full, only the living room empty for now until everyone wakes up and pandemonium starts again, who's going to use one of the bathrooms first, the kettle working overtime. The only good thing is that we are after all together for that once every two weeks event it's worth it just for today to be all together. For me as usual it's going to be hard to understand everyone talking at the same time but as long as I get some sort of information I'll be happy. Now it's 0520 and time to open up the betting shop to take bets on whose going to be up first with my wife a clear favorite at the moment until I hear the creaking of the stairs or the opening of a door but of course what difference does it make, once one gets up then it's a conveyor belt of people, one after the other until everyone is awake. Well here we go I hear movement so I'd better finish up for today as it will now start to get busy and there's no room to spit let alone write my daily blog,so if you enjoyed today's installment of family life then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment