Good morning, ha it's 23 degrees if that's good then I'm a Dutchman, the weekend has started and although I've been complaining how empty the house has been this past week it is nice to have a full house although their all sleeping now. Last week was an uneventful week apart from a few things like my ongoing battle against the ants, my daughter ringing to say that the kettle they took with them when they went away to work had stopped working probably because of having heat stroke? Yesterday my wife rang to say that they would be late coming home because they were in the police station, wow, someone while they were working had stolen my daughters mobile and they were looking over the shops camera footage to find the culprit which they did and it just happened to be a gypsy, they then had to fill in forms and then they would start the journey home so I decided to go to bed. After about an hour I heard the main gate open and in came a big blue van, so out of bed to see who it was, my daughters fiance was driving it instead of his normal van, oh well I thought to myself the weekend has began, after saying hello she immediately started complaining about the ants, normality has returned so off to bed again. Just as I was settling down to watch the football the gates opened again so I dressed and went downstairs to find out that my wife and eldest daughter had arrived home, a quick hello outside before being devoured by mosquitos, straight away my eldest daughter was on the phone to her fiance and then the shouting started so I decided that was enough and decided to go to bed, the peace and quiet of the past week had been broken which in a way was good but in another not so good, hope tomorrow will be better I thought to myself, fat chance or maybe yes as my eldest daughter and her fiance are going to Zagreb to stay in an apartment and then go to the zoo, why if there's enough monkeys at home. Well that was all for the goings on for last night and the foreseeable start of the weekend to come until now because my eldest has just got up because she didn't know the time, no mobile. Well that's all for now so if you enjoyed reading todays hot off the press blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment