Silence is golden, great song but for me silence is not golden in our house, it's so quiet that you can hear a pin drop, it's weird. In this silence I find myself talking to myself out loud, I normally do talk to myself but not out loud, even the dogs don't talk to me perhaps insanity is showing it's ugly face, only today and then three more days until the house is back to normal, hooray. It's funny when the house is full I can't wait for a bit of peace and quiet but now I'm having a change of heart, it's weird when you get what you want you don't want it and when you haven't got it you want it, my mind can't make it's mind up which of the two is better. Yesterday I sort of sorted the ant problem out as this morning only a few came back perhaps they're trying to find another way in, who knows what's going through their tiny brains just like nobody knows what's going through Putins tiny mind, today there's nothing to do, no dishes to wash and dry, no wash to put out to dry, my only job today is going to the shop for bread and cook dinner, quite an eventful day, ha, ha. Talking about Putin what an absolute idiot for him to dictate his terms for an end to the war, for Ukraine to give up the land that he wants and for Ukraine not to enter NATO is absolutely ridiculous to say the least, I vote to reject his proposal outright as a load of bull and for the Ukrainians to keep fighting for what is really theirs, people will certainly die but if you're fighting a war for independence then you do what ever it takes and whatever it costs, it took Croatia a long time to get independence but in the end we succeeded as will Ukraine, don't give up because of all that idiots threats just do what's right and reclaim what is rightfully yours and then join NATO and the EU then he won't try again and perhaps he will dissappear into the unknown where he belongs. If you enjoyed todays blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment