Thankfully all's well on the home front sometime after 2300hrs the tourists returned home safe and sound, hugs and kisses all round and inside before being devoured by arch enemynumber1mosquitos. All looked tanned but also tired after the seven hour journey home and when eventually we all sat down it started like every other weekend with everyone talking at the same time, no way to get a word in edgeways so I just listened to all their tales of their what seemed to have been like a great holiday. The house was full again as it should be every other weekend, only my son and my eldest daughters fiance absent, my son was for two days on the coast as well because his firm were all there, it was free so why not but of course back to work tomorrow. This morning I got up as usual and immediately I felt a change in the temperature only 20 and set to reach a tolerable 31, a very pleasant change even the dogs felt it last night as they started to eat and drink normally. The only trouble now is how to wash the dishes quietly without waking my wife and everyone else up, I'll find a way as I always do even though somebody will certainly say something. Well that's all for today as although I love writing my blog in the morning, there are priorities and family comes first so if you enjoyed todays short blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment