Who needs holidays with the tempature that we are having 23 now at 0432 and to rise to yesterdays untolerable 41 degrees, the only difference is that if you go to the coast then there may be a sea breeze to cool you down and of course the sea, never mind we've got a big plastic pool outside. The reason I'm talking about holidays is I wish the mosquitos would go on holiday sorry but I had to give our constant enemy a mention but to get back to the point. The reason I am talking about holidays is that my wife and my eldest daughter are both on holiday for two weeks well there goes my peace and quiet. My wife, youngest daughter and her fiance and my wife's niece are going to the coast for seven days in a place called Omish, I am not going because I don't want to be in the same situation financially as I was last year when we finished our hols on the coast, this time there won't be any problems with bills as they will all be paid on time and I will have enough money to buy more wood for the Winter if there is going to be one so that's why I'm not going, never mind as long as my wife has a restful time away from work then I'm happy, it'll do her good both physically and mentally, she and my eldest daughter will finish work today and then their holidays will begin. Well there is one thing that is good for me and that is for the next seven days I will only have to cook for two and therefore there won't be as many dishes or laundry in the morning, hooray perhaps my hands will return to their original smooth state. My son as I have already mentioned is in Germany working but soon he will also be on holidays, it's that time of the year when just about everyone takes their holidays before the main influx of tourists. Well that's all for now as it's time to make coffee for my wife before she goes to work for the last time for two weeks so I'll finish now hoping that you're all enjoying the weather while it lasts unlike me as it's too hot for me but I'm only one person and I suppose everyone else is enjoying it,oh by the way our ventilator died yesterday after a long and faithful life, I tripped over the electric wire and our blind dog, thankfully our dog and I were ok but the ventilator was fatally wounded and now will find a new home on the rubbish tip. Well if you enjoyed reading todays blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment