I forgot that I don't have to go to work today as it's the weekend, oops it doesn't matter to me because I don't have a job I forgot. Today is the day my wife and the rest of the tourists come home so my eldest daughter will be going potty making sure that everything in the house is perfect so I'll dissappear as soon as she starts but it's hard to go outside because of the constant threat of attack by our enemies apart from number 2 the sun is number 1 the dreaded mosquitos, never mind outside is better than being shouted at by my eldest daughter. It's 23 and set to rise to 35 and it's terribly close as if we may have rain, we wish,the grass needs it as it has now become a carpet of brown and not green. The weekend started yesterday but it didn't seem as though it had started as only my daughter, her fiance and myself are here but tomorrow it'll be back to normal with everyone here apart from my son who is still in Germany working it won't be long before he has a holiday and Im sure he can't wait. Sensational news just in I've just been out to raid the freezer for today's dinner and it's actually raining, wow, 0539 how long will it rain for? The temperature has seemingly dropped thankfully and now you almost feel comfortable, I never thought that I would actually be happy to see the rain but I am, it's as though God has said enough hot and sunny weather now it's time for a change and I think mother nature has agreed with him. It's time to drink my second cup of coffee before my daughter gets up so I'll finish for now as the sky is darkening as if there's a storm on the way. If you enjoyed todays blog then like, follow and share. Thank you. Update it's now still raining and the sound of thunder is in the air.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment