Good morning to another sweltering morning and hot day, hope where ever you are you are enjoying this heatwave that seems to be affecting not only us here in Croatia but elsewhere as well. Let's get down to writing today's blog, nothing how do you define nothing, does it mean zero in numerical terms, does nothing mean to non-believers as they look up at the night sky and think that there is nothing out there, I am not one of those people, I ask the question because if I do go anywhere and someone stops me to talk they ask me what am I doing and then when I answer nothing they laugh, but am I really doing nothing because I don't have a job which I go to every day or that I don't have livestock to look after or fields to plant and reap the harvest, I wonder. There's a simple answer to that and it is that in a way I am doing nothing that people would consider something, I actually do do something and that's look after the house and housework while my family are working, I wash and dry dishes, I put clothes out to dry, I cook when I am needed to, is that nothing I don't think so but if I answer to someone that then again they laugh which is their perogative so you see it's hard to define nothing. In the dictionary the definition of nothing is the complete absence of something, what does that mean, I have no idea. There are times when I do nothing physically but I am doing something mentally so am I doing nothing or not? That's the reason I am writing this in my blog because I don't understand what nothing is, if you had an empty bottle then you would say that there's nothing in it but there is, air so therefore it's not empty or you can't say there's nothing in it because there's nothing to see, I'm getting more confused by the minute so I'll finish for today as I'm getting a headache just thinking about it, well if you enjoyed nothing or something blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment