It's unbelievably hot yesterday it reached a devastating 39 and now it's 23 degrees and it's going to get hotter by how much no one can forsee but judging by the loss of cloud cover I believe today will be the hottest day yet as we are about to feel the full force of the sun, maybe I'll be outside until 9 and then inside where it's reasonably cooler, our old aged fan is running at full throttle and it's making life indoors bearable. During this heatwave I feel different as I don't want to eat as much as usual probably because I drink so much water and I definitely don't feel like cooking over a hot stove, which makes it hotter, I can't believe I'm writing this but I hope it rains, weird but true, a few drops will bring the temperature down a bit maybe, well now everyone can see what the green house effect can do and we are to blame. it's amazing how different because of the heat people are everyone gets on everyone's nerves more than usual. It's the start of the weekend but it will be different from other weekends as my son is in Germany working so he won't be here, my wife from tomorrow will be on her holidays so tomorrow will be a totally different weekend. The situation in the world is just about the same with everyone throwing threats about Russia, China, everyone and mainly caused by Putins illegal invasion of Ukraine, there are all sorts of lies at the NATO meeting and it's hard to believe anyone, the only thing that's true is the amount of lives lost in Ukraine and who is helping and who isn't, thanks to the UK for giving permission to use the rockets they supplied Ukraine with on targets inside Russia, it may help Ukraine or it may lead to an escalation of the war to other countries, we will just have to wait until those rockets are launched and what they hit militeraly to see what the lunatics response will be. Apparently from what I've read the mad hatter has lost another high ranked general, I'm shedding tears of joy sorry to say. That's all for today so if you enjoyed reading todays short because of the heat blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment