World of Wonders, what an absolute change from the norm of bad news, wars, maniac dictators, politics, absolutely fantastic even with the rain. You all I suppose know what I'm talking about, that's right the coming together of people in the rain washing away the hatred between us, no matter what race, colour or religion they were, a dream come true for me and I suppose a lot more people who think like me. That's right the Olympics, the only place where everyone comes together to perform their best for themselves and their country, the only place where peace and enjoyment are the opporative words. What a wonderful sight to see all the umbrellas up perhaps not as a shield against the weather but a shield against the uglyness of our world, the essence of human nature was beneath those umbrellas, all the hopes for their country to win a medal but if not the most important thing is the taking part, the competing, the one thought on all the contestants minds is and will be is their perticular sport and their country. The celebrations as their countries flag was seen by the whole world, you could almost feel the pride those people there in Paris had and the elation of just being their amongst all nationalities, language wasn't important, just music, laughter and fun,with the rain washing away the evil that is in our world today. The city of lights was more important than NATO, EU or any other organisation, there was only one thing on the minds of all who were there and that was sport and companiship, what a wonderful evening, even if you were not there the whole world could watch on tv the example of true peace and goodwill between people. The sight of an elderly gentleman in his wheelchair handing over the eternal flame to a man and woman to light the Olympic flame in a hot air balloon rising up into the sky above Paris was an amazing site, the music Lennon, Celine, Lady Gaga the event all around Paris from the Seine that runs through the city of light to the Eifel tower absolutely tremendous, definitely worth watching and I will watch the highlights again, I'm sure that last night was and is the only thing that shows we the people of our world can be as one without bias and enjoy but it only happens every four years I'm sorry to say, it would be great if that was the scene everywhere in the world every day but that I'm afraid has little chance of happening. Well I'm going back to my tv again and enjoy, if you liked reading todays blog then like, follow and share. Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment