Why do I say it's unusual well I'll explain, ok it's Sunday but a very unusual Sunday. For starters my wife won't be here as she and a colleague from work have gone for a few days to a sort of Wellness center as Monday is a holiday and everyone has a long weekend apart from my son who went back to Zagreb because he has to work on Monday shame but it's not a holiday in Germany so today he will be traveling back to Germany for work tomorrow so he won't be here for Sunday dinner, no wife, no son. My eldest daughter will be at her fiances for dinner so that's another one missing today so unusually it's only my youngest daughter and her fiance and myself for dinner and because my wife's not here I've got to cook poor me,I got up early to prepare dinner so everything is ready just the cooking left, it'll be funny just the three of us sitting down to dinner but that's the way this unusual Sunday is turning out to be. It's only 15 and set to rise to a mild 28 degrees, super temperature for me it's like being back home in Wales. The Olympics is still going on with medals been given out all around and for Croatia not a bad start for a change, everyone hoping for more but we'll just have to wait and see. The slanging match in America is still going on with each of the candidates calling each other rotten which is usual before every American election I personally can't wait for it to be over only a few more months, thankfully. The war is still going on in Ukraine with Russia taking more ground and Ukraine hitting more Russian inferstructure, airfields, oil terminals and power supplies which is all well and good but losing their land that's bad but the same as the elections we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next few months, how many more dead because of the madmans aggression no one can really tell or forsee but I hope it's not a large amount, enough suffering. The middle east is still a tinder box with everyone saying that they are going to attack Israel, what's going to be the outcome I have completely no idea as I haven’t with another aircraft carrier arriving close to the sight of what might be another conflict between China and Taiwan. Well that's all for now as I have to peel the potatoes, it's like being in the army again, only joking. If you liked today's blog then like, follow and share.Thank you.
The next day it was awfully quiet, the calm before the storm perhaps, nothing much for breakfast so we decided to try and lay the land line. So off we went house to house laying the wire behind us and then the mortars started again so we hit the ground, lying down was the safest if caught outside, there were pieces of shrapnel hitting the wall near to us and it was not a very safe place to be so we decided to make a run for it, that was the quickest I had ran in a long time, it is amazing how fast your legs move when you're life is at risk, "that was a nice little bit of exercise" Eric said laughing, "yes but it would have been better if we weren't dodging pieces of metal" I replied also laughing. Everyone was there apart from those on guard duty and during the night it had changed from two to three, so I sat down on the bar stool and Eric went behind the counter looking for something to eat and all of a sudden bang and I fell off the stool, they all came t...
Comments
Post a Comment